Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Good Meal and Some Nice Dessert

Dear readers,

Last semester I learned something about Wellesley traditions from my father. According to his memory, back in the day Wellesley students would invite guests for a late afternoon Sunday meal followed by tea and piano playing in residence hall living rooms. My father was invited by a student for a few meals. While he didn't remember her name or why it didn't work out, he posited that they were ultimately looking for beaus from elite colleges while my father, well, "You know me, I was just looking for a good meal and some nice dessert."

Tonight I experienced the unpleasantness of being a neglected, and dare I say, unwelcome guest at a nearby college. While the social skills and manners of the students throwing the event were severely lacking, their budget for the meal obviously wasn't. The dinner was catered: thinly cut and flavorful brisket, seasoned mixed veggies, warm apple crumble, and a dessert table with rich chocolate cake and quality tea. While, to quote a RHO NY (Real Housewives of New York), "Money can't buy you class," it certainly can cater a good meal.

It is with a satisfied tummy that I bid you good night.

-L


Correction: February 11, 2012

Today when I was researching Jill Zarin from the RHO New York, I realized my catastrophic miscrediting of  "Money can't buy you class" to a RHOA, it actually belongs to "the countess" from RHO NY. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess a good time was not had by all. Who could neglect you?

    Money does not buy class. It helps, though.

    ReplyDelete